Weber State University (WSU) is
an exceptional comprehensive university providing associate's, bachelor's, and
master's degrees to meet the needs of the region. WSU graduates
are broadly educated, capable and prepared for meaningful careers, graduate and
professional schools, and civic engagement. The hallmark of the university is
excellent teaching with small classes designed for extraordinary interactions
between faculty and students. WSU offers over
230 separate degrees/programs - the largest and most expansive undergraduate
program in the state of Utah.
Our student of more than 28,000 students draws predominantly from Utah, but also from all 50 states and 35 foreign countries. WSU takes pride in its student-centered learning environment and believes that quality education is founded upon close associations between faculty and the diversity of students from a wide range of communities. WSU is distinguished by outstanding academic programs that recruit motivated students to work with faculty to create and share knowledge.
The Moyes lege of Education is committed to developing and maintaining healthy and responsible individuals, families and schools in a global and diverse society through roles related to the preparation and support of practitioners and educators, service to campus and community, and the discovery and advancement of knowledge.
Weber State University seeks a Dean who minimally has:
• A Ph.D./Ed.D. in one
of the lege's major disciplines (see: https://www.weber.edu/COE/) from an
• Been awarded tenure and holds rank as a full professor.
• 3 years academic administration experience including budget and personnel management.
Additionally, WSU prefers a Dean who has:
• Commitment to high-quality teaching to support
traditional classroom, online, evening, and hybrid teaching s in general
education, undergraduate, and graduate courses at various satellite campus
centers and sites.
• Demonstrated academic leadership with organizational management skills, professional stability, and respect for policies.
• Vision and planning ability including a strong desire to support the university-wide focus on student recruitment, retention, and timely graduation.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Skills to advance excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service including community engagement.
• Experience, aptitude, and commitment to lead successful fundraising efforts.
• The ability to foster a supportive and globally sensitive environment where all faculty, staff, and students are successful.
• Demonstrated experience to acquire and allocate resources, including faculty and staff positions, and to manage large complex budgets and oversee multiple facilities.
• Demonstrated support for forward-thinking educational skills including passion, curiosity, imagination, critical thinking, and persistence.
Review of applications will begin on November 15. Applications received by November 15, 2018 will be assured of receiving full consideration. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply: complete the online application at https://jobs.weber.edu/ and attach a letter of interest, CV and the names and contact information for five references. The salary will be competitive for a dean appointment at a comprehensive, four-year undergraduate university. We hope to have the new dean in place by July 1, 2019.
Criminal background check required as a condition of employment.
Weber State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educator. The University strongly encourages minorities, women, veterans, and those with disabilities to apply.