- POSITION PURPOSE:
- Responsible for nutrition care and assuring optimal quality nutrition for inpatients and outpatients and satellite clinics. Provides wellness/community education programs as requested and maintains current programs. Acts as a liaison for the Food Service & Nutrition Services Departments.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follows policies and standards of care relating to initial assessments, calorie counts, enteral and parenteral feedings, follow-ups, consults, prioritizing patients TM level of care, reviews/ revises data as appropriate and documents accurately.
- Provides timely and cost effective coordination of all aspects of nutrition care as evidenced by cost accountability (entering charges and stats), consistently offers assistance to co-workers and changes priorities as patients TM needs change.
- Maintains constructive, collaborative and accountable communication with patients, families, physicians, coworkers, and other members of the health care team to contribute to continuity of care.
- Responsible for entering/recording daily charges/activities (IP, OP and other stats), retrieving voice mail, email, pages and scheduling consults in a timely manner.
- Participates/assists with quality improvement programs as assigned or required by the Joint Commission, such as meal rounds/test trays; evaluates problem areas and provides suggestions for changes.
- Is familiar with food production procedures and coordinates special menu requests with existing procedures, workload and available products.
- Provides in-service training for support staff, co-workers, department, etc. annually.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
At least one year experience in clinical nutrition preferred (covering all areas of patient care and age groups identified below).
- RD, Registered Dietitian. Current Registration with Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR) based on fulfilling continuing education requirement 75 hours per 5 year period.
- Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.