Provides oversight of the operation of the Dietary Department to include staffing, food ordering, and preparation, food delivery and clean-up in accordance with facility policies, physician orders, resident care plans and appropriate regulations and clinical assessments of residents to assure nutritional needs are met.
- Participates in regularly scheduled conferences including department head meetings and interdisciplinary care plan meetings.
- Oversees the purchase of food and supplies within budget and maintain a supply to adequately cover each meal.
- Provides technical guidance and administrative direction over diet planning, menu formulation, preparation and service of regular and therapeutic diets.
- Interviews residents or family members, as necessary, to obtain diet history.
- Provide timely and accurate completion of dietary portion of the clinical record.
- Monitors meals to assure they provide nutritious, well-prepared, and palatable meals in a timely and consistent manner while adhering to menus and diet orders.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience, preferred
- One (1) to two (2) years management/supervisory experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- RD - Must be a Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Serve Safe Certification
Founded in 1998, Ciena Healthcare is a leading innovator and one of Michigan s largest providers of skilled nursing and rehabilitation care services.
It is our honor to serve our residents that are in need of short-term rehabilitative services as well as long-term care. Our vision is to be the industry leader by offering fresh, new perspectives and innovations and adhering to quality standards that not only exceed regulatory compliance, but achieve excellence in quality out comes for our residents.
At Ciena, we make it our mission to provide exceptional service to our patients and residents. We are looking for employees who are passionate about providing care or services in our Centers.